Thursday, December 10, 2015

Bye-Bye Toxins

Each year I try to set some sort of resolution for myself to work on throughout the whole year. In 2014 I wanted to run a race every month, I averaged bout 18 races that year! In 2015 I wanted to be happy everyday, I knew I had the opportunity to be happy if I woke up positive and ready to complete the day. I would say I did pretty well!

Well 2016 is right around the corner and I have been doing a lot of thinking. What should I make 2016 about? I came to a conclusion that 2016 is going to be about trying new things that make me uncomfortable. I want to ski, I want to rock climb, I want to do yoga, I want to cross country ski, I want to meet new people, I want to fall in love with a career, I want to try new foods, I want to DO NEW THINGS or old things that I quit because I am not comfortable.

So I started a little early, Bria and I signed up for 12 weeks of yoga. We get to try all different types of yoga and I am super excited. Naturally I thought it would be a good idea to start with a 90-minute HOT (108 degrees) yoga class. HA! I walked in and looked at Bria (my sister) and we both gave each other the, “holy s**t what did we sign up for face?” But honestly it was the best. I cannot wait to go back! We left feeling like we got in an intense workout, relaxed a little, stretched our body and got rid of toxins via all the sweat.


I love my life and I am very happy with where I am, but I am always striving to be better and I know in order to be better I need to get uncomfortable! Here is a great article why YOU should get comfortable with the uncomfortable! 


I am excited to post in 2016 about trying new things or re-trying things that I have done in the past but quit because they make me uncomfortable.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment