Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Valentine's Day 5K

Today Norman and I started to train for a 5K, which training will be for him but lets be real I could use a little training program! Basically we will run twice a week working our way up to 3 miles then once we hit 3 miles we will work on speed.

Kyle, Norman and I are signed up for a 5K Valentine’s Day weekend and I am really excited. I should probably get us matching outfits or something…. Not sure how that works with a dog and humans, hahaha! Because MN winters can be brutally cold, I thought Norm would need some running booties and a coat but my mom said he would be just fine…. We’ll see, I want my boy to be comfortable while I take him for runs!


My goals for this race:
It Norms first 5K so I do not want too much pressure on him. But I do want to try to run the whole race. I have a feeling we could do really well because he will pull to be by the other dogs. I also want to have fun because it’s a Valentine’s race and that weekend is suppose to be about love, food and fun, not PRs, getting mad at the dog and being upset.

Do you love how I talk about my dog like he is a human? Matching outfits are important and so is the comfort of my big boy (referring to Norm, not Kyle ;)). Kyle will do just fine so I do not need to worry about him being ‘comfortable’.  


Watch for our 5K updates on Instagram @baileymckenziesff

post signature

2 comments: