Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Eating On-The-Go

Do you live your life on the go? I know I do! Sometimes I feel like all I do is drive in my car from point A to point B.

MY FIRST TIP: EAT A BIG BREAKFAST THAT WILL KEEP YOU FULL. I cannot preach this enough! Breakfast is SO important. 


I LOVE going out to eat, because as I have said before, it is EASY! But it can add up in calories and hurt your wallet.

Although I have been eating on the go a lot lately, and eating out a lot, I have found a good balance in eating snacks I have packed. Soon I will be posting about eating out!

This was after a Whole Foods run. You can see the carrots, celery, spinach, cucumbers, peppers and
already cooked/cut chicken. The lettuce I did have to wash myself and it was a struggle, ha ha!
I have learned a lot over the years of eating healthy. One, I HATE cutting and washing produce. Two, if it is not ready to eat and in a to go container I will not eat it. And three, if I do not log it the night before I will just say screw it and go to Panera.

This was on my way to brunch but I was starving! I have Bolthouse
ranch dressing with my veggies.


Point is: I AM LAZY. I am a normal human who does not want to spend hours every week cutting up vegetables.

When Kyle and I went skydiving I packed our food because I knew it would be
a long day! Kyle had a sandwich and veggies. I had a salad + chicken and veggies. We both
had a few protein bars too. GOD BLESS PROTEIN BARS.

So to solve my problems I have been buying the pre-cut vegetables. It saves me a lot of time and I eat the vegetables before they go bad. I also buy the already washed and cut lettuce because, um it is 1394x more convenient. I may spend a little more money but to me it is worth it. I have also been putting it in my food log the night before AND into containers so I am prepared for the day ahead.

Yummy salad under all those veggies.

Some of my favorites snacks:
Apples - having a side of almonds is ideal for some healthy fats and proteins
Greek yogurt + berries - make sure to bring some organic stevia to make your yogurt sweet
Quest bars - great snack or quick breakfast
Turkey roll ups - I eat these as a snack or lunch
Core Power Protein Shakes - great morning meal OR post workout
 VEGGIES- you can see above all my veggies and salads







For the best deals on already cut up veggies I love Costco, Whole Foods or Aldi.

If worse comes to worst eat the fricken donut!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment