Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Eating Out

Summer is here and I am around people more often and eating out WAY more. Eating out can really play a role in living a healthy life. I enjoy eating out because there is no clean up, you have no food to prepare and it is usually a nice time to catch up with someone.

In the summer I love to order salads because they seem to be fresher, they are ‘cool’ (temperature), and they are usually healthier.

But you really have to watch the cheese, croutons, dressings, chips, etc. I am the queen of asking for toppings on the side. I have never had a waitress/waiter say NO to me and if they are super easy going and friendly I always tip extra well.

Some of my favorite meals from this past week:
People’s Organic Cesar Salad 
Buffalo Wild Wings HoneyBBQ Chicken Salad 
Chipotle Chicken Burrito (OR for less carbs get a bowl) 

I also had Asian food but I have yet to find a way to make this a healthy option. Ha ha!


Some tips I have for eating out:
  • Order water! First, it is extra money you can save! Second, you will save LOTS of extra calories (carbs/sugars!)
  • Look for protein! If you can get a good amount of protein in, you will stay full longer!
  • Try to give your protein a side of vegetables. A lot of restaurants offer seasonal veggies and you can ask for them without any butter/oils!
  • Say no to bread/chips. Those Italian and Mexican restaurants can KILL you. Literally, I know from experience. Ha ha! But instead if others are eating the goodies they bring ask for a side salad so you do not feel left out. It may cost you $4 but save you LOTS of calories. I mean once you start, how do you stop? Ha ha ha.
  • Dessert – ahhh! Everyone loves dessert but try to say no! Instead go home and make something healthy! I have lots of great options under ‘recipes’ or you could buy Halo Top Ice Cream or Arctic Zero Ice Cream.



You have to do what is best for YOU. But remember the server is going out of their way to help you so be friendly and tip well ;)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment