Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Running Improvements

It feels good to know I have my stuff together in life. Or in some areas at least! Lately life has been chaotic (you can probably tell from my lack of blogging) but man has running been FUN. Areas of my life that have been crazy: food, work, school.

When I was thinking about a running group this winter I knew if I had plans to meet someone every weekend I would get my runs in. I would get my ass up, meet my running buddies and kill my run. I would NOT make excuses.



And I have done just that. I have gotten up even on the days I wanted to sleep in. I show up and fake my smile until I actually have it when I am running and feel great. And I finish my run feeling so bad ass and on top of the world.
 
This is from my 8-mile run last weekend
My weekday runs have been OK. Nothing too special but today I got in three miles by myself in under a 9-minute pace, which was exciting. I am trying to get in two shorter runs during the week.
 
Today I ran 3 speedy quick (for me)  miles!
I have been successful the past few weekends of keeping my mile times under 10 minutes each. I am actually looking forward to my run this weekend so I can see if I can continue on with my goal of 9 miles in under 90 minutes!!


Thank you to my BFF the treadmill for helping my become a faster runner!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment