Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm Alive {Long Weekend Recap}


HELLO BLOGGERS! Prepare for a LONG post with many pictures. :)

I haven’t died. I have just been on the go lately. It feels like the days are getting shorter and I am having more activities in each day, how does this work?

So what’s been going on in my life?

I was in LA for a few days and went to The Ellen Show. This trip was amazing! I am telling you if you like love Ellen as much as I do, start applying for tickets NOW. This is a trip you will not regret. We also did a tour bus thing where you sit on the roof- it was pretty neat. I got a tan from it so that’s cool, minus the fact that my face is peeling a week later. When you’re on vacation you eat like crap. UGH. I hate this, I have no problem saying yes, yes, yes, give me those desserts. However, I did run over 6 miles on Saturday before we left so I felt good about that. All in all – great trip! We even won a CD and a $200 JCP gift card! Cheers to that.



No filter... Isn't this beautiful?

My mom and I

Courtney and I




Next up, I got accepted into St. Kate’s/ the exercise science and nutrition program so that was exciting! I toured the campus and I am feeling more confident in my decision to switch.

Thanksgiving…. Started the day off running a 10K with Catherine (her first race- WOOT WOOT,  congrats on a great finish time!) and Katie (she is a half marathon runner, I hope to be as good as her someday!).  I was nervous for this race for a few reasons A) I haven’t been running much lately. I ran 4 times between my last 10K and this one. B) It was COLD. I was nervous for my poor lungs. C) 2 of the last 3 runs I had I got terrible shin splints and knee pain. So I was praying that I could make it through this day/race pain free. WHICH I DID. Thank you Jesus.
We were all running together and at about mile 3 I decided to pick up the pace up hill… Then I saw my family (didn’t know the whole family was coming and that I would see them minus the finish line). So this made me keep going. I passed them and started tearing up! It is so great to know they are there supporting you. I was doing great, I wasn’t cold, but my face was numb. Then around mile 5 I was getting kind of tired and I saw a hill. I literally thought to myself ‘how in the eff am I going to make it up that?’. But I did. Then there was another hill! I hadn’t walked at all and I wanted to finish without walking. So after some swear words flew through my head and lots of bitching I was positive and told myself I could do it, I was a rock star, my family would be at the finish line, etc.
Once we all finished we took some pictures… I am so lucky to have these girls in my life. Such positive, healthy, strong people.

Catherine, Katie and I

My sister and I

So Thanksgiving with the family was awesome too. I hate Thanksgiving food so all I ate was Turkey and veggies. Then I had a piece of French silk pie. But I worked it off earlier, right? And dang-it Thanksgiving is only once a year!

My sister and I

My Grandpa Johnson

My Grandma Johnson

Friday I ‘ran off’ my pain with a 3 mile run. I was exhausted.

Saturday and Sunday I cleansed. But we also made Christmas cookies with my Grandma, I didn’t eat one! Last year I would make a cut out Santa and then eat dough, then make a cut out tree then eat dough. So I was proud! I knew it would be a good day to cleanse because at night we also had a Gopher hockey party at my house. I am so proud I was ‘strong’ through these two days because now I feel GOOD!


Grandma Weaver and me with the cookies

My pretty cousins... Carlie, Callie, me and Alahna
Bria and Alahna



I am excited for these next two weeks of school! I am hoping to stay strong and healthy until I go to Florida… I hope to also run lots because Catherine and I are talking about signing up for a HALF. A frickin’ HALF MARATHON. Excuse me while I pee my pants because I am so nervous just thinking about it.

HAVE A FABULOUS MONDAY! I've gotten about 21 emails, such a tease. Do some shopping for me, because some of us are poor college students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment