Friday, December 27, 2013

Balls To The Walls


So remember when I wrote about how I signed up for a half marathon? Or did you laugh at that, just like me?

It’s true folks. I don’t know what’s scarier, having my parents drop me off at college where I knew no one and wave bye or running this stupid half marathon.

When I was going to ‘check out’ it literally took me 2 minutes to push the final submit button. Because I was that nervous!!

I am doing it with my good friend Catherine and possibly our friend Katie.

I will be following this training plan:

If this is hard to read it is basically shorter runs T/W/Th/Sat. Off M/F.
Long run on Sundays. It's a 12 week deal. I started this week.
Until the race day I will be going balls to the walls. AKA working my ass off, actually running (unlike the last 10K where I trained a few days before).... This is the plan at least!

Goals for this half marathon? 
FRICKIN’ FINISH WITHOUT DYING.
Seriously.

When I finish I will be getting some gadget; a necklace, bumper sticker, key chain, something to prove that I am CAPIABLE of anything even if it scares me.

I may or may not wear the medal I receive for a week. But we will see.

Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment