Thursday, December 26, 2013

I'm Back In Action.. Ready For Change


It's been forever. I apologize for my lack of blogging! December has flown by and I've only done 4 posts (including this one!). That is SO unlike me and I will be changing that going forward. :) 

Today is a new day for me. A new start. Most people start on January 1st, they make a New Years resolution. Today, I am regrouping, restarting and changing my lifestyle.

So let's back up a little.. I'm going to share my story a little bit: I went to college in August of 2012, weighing somewhere between 210-217. I played hockey in HS but was always the bigger girl, I liked to think it was muscle, I had broad shoulders, etc. Now I realize that I was just unhealthy and out of shape. Back to college- I went to Concordia in Moorhead, MN. I met some of my best friends there. But it clicked for me, you have free time, you have healthier options in the dining center (salad and veggies already prepared) maybe you should try to eat healthier and workout. No diet plan, no start day, just make changes.
Well these little changes resulted in a major weight loss of 50 ish lbs. And about 4 dress sizes smaller. Then this past summer (2013) I really started caring about food, organic vs. non organic and my exercising became something different than 1 hour on the elliptical. This is where I saw the most changes! I dropped about 8 more pounds and was in a pant size 4 originally starting at a 14-16.
HUGE changes and I felt great. I started using new protein powder and my energy increased significantly.
Then I was gearing up for my sophomore year of college. When things changed... My want to exercise wasn't there as much. My want for unhealthy cravings came back. I put the worst food in my body and too much food in my body. I gained back weight and am NOT proud. But all I can do is change my unhealthy habits back into my healthy habits. I'm embarrassed, ashamed, disappointed, mad, sad and so many other things.
But today is my day to make the change. The holidays are over and it's now my time to shine!
I recently decided to change my major resulting in a school change. I will be living at home this semester and although I may get bored because I won't be with my friends 24/7 I hope this is a time for me to focus on ME (something I don't do enough).

Changes that I want to make: watch what I am eating, try tracking my food in a notebook, eat whole foods, workout, run (I have a half marathon March 15!), sleep, drink water.

I will as always be updating the blog on my struggles, highs and lows, and everything else going on in my life.

Cheers to new starts and healthier living!

Some fun pictures from Christmas and my trip to Disney World with my family!
Dinner out. Bria and I.

GORGEOUS. 

Funny story to this picture, my sister and I
got stuck on a ride. She is 21, she was also
crying. I thought it was funny and I was laughing
at her.. Which made her even more mad.
Oh the sisterly love we have for each other.

The Epcot ball

My sister and I

I cannot tell you how many Christmas trees
I saw in the 6 days we were in FL. The parks
had so many trees. This one happens to be at the airport

I'm in the pink, my sister is to the right of me.
She was so scared. My dad is in front of us,
he was ready to blow chunks.

My sister Bria and I

Safari ride at Animal Kingdom. So cool. The animals
came so close to us.


Bria and I on Christmas

My sister and cousins. L to R. Bria, Carlie, Me, Callie and Alahna

Callie and I

My grandparents and Bria.
More fun posts in the near future! Keep popping back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment