Sunday, November 29, 2015

No Regrets

Happy Sunday friends! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I sure had a fun time with family and friends, and of course lots of food! 


Thursday Kyle and I ran a 10K, it was our second race together but our first race where we actually prepped. I learned that we are very different in the race department:
First, sleep. We do not often disagree on things, but we did over sleep! I told him we should probably go to bed around 8:30 and he laughed at me. He told me he would go to bed at 11 at the earliest. Rude.
Second, trying new things on race day. Any racer knows that this is a no-no, but Kyle insisted on drinking C4 that I got for free at the Tough Mudder this summer. He hated the taste but he was filled with energy.
Third,  bathroom breaks. Kyle did not understand that you need to get it all out. He laughed at me because I went to the bathroom so many times before the race.
Fourth, race jitters. Yeah they don't even exist for him.  Pretty sure he thought I was crazy for having nerves in my tummy.
Fifth, carb loading. Kyle has two beers and pasta while I have spaghetti squash.
If Kyle was not such a nice guy he could have easily left me in the dust. Damn kid does not even run as much as I do and carb loads off of beer.


The rest of the weekend was low key…. We had a great Thanksgiving with family. I ended up getting sick from sugar overload. No regrets though. Ha ha!


Ashley, Katie and I had wine night Friday. Getting together and talking about girly things is seriously my favorite. Saturday we all got together with Courtney too, of course more girly talk! Sunday I had a great stair workout with Katie. 


Lots of time spent with my cousins this weekend too. We made Christmas cookies and had a Wild Hockey party.


I cannot wait to get back on track and eat food that does not make me feel like a can of biscuits.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment