Tuesday, November 24, 2015

#8 Christmas Gifts To Keep You Healthy

Christmas is right around the corner and then before we know it the New Year will be here. Oh my! Time goes by so fast when life is fun.
I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite equipment for at home workouts. I know some people cannot make it to the gym and have to workout at home. Here are some of my favorites:  

#1 Resistance Band  - this is my #1 pick because it is light, small and can make ALL your muscles burn. I take this bad boy on vacation with me a lot so I can get in a few workouts. You can find them at many stores, but for convenience here they are on Amazon in a multi pack with difference resistances. Different exercises may require different resistance so it may be smart to buy a multi-pack. 


#2 Jump Rope – another light and small piece of equipment that can be very beneficial to your exercise routine.  Try a fun tabata where you are doing 4 minutes of jump roping, 20 seconds on – 10 seconds off. Find it on Amazon here


#3 dumbbells – dumbbells are tricky because they are more expensive, harder to store and are too heavy for travel. BUT – if you can find a small spot to store a few different weights they can be used for a lot of different moves. MY FAV! I have collected my weights from Target, Sports Authority, Garage Sales, Dicks and more. Be sure to check our craigslist.org too for good deals! 

#4 kettlebell – Similar to the dumbbells but you can use these for different moves. Often you only need one KB so you do not need a set. Start with a weight that will challenge you! You can find these at Target, Sports Authority, Garage Sales, Dicks and more. Also check craigslist.org


#5 medicine ball – I have used this for a lot of different things and the kids I train LOVE to use it. My personal favorites are using it while wall sitting or incorporating it into core training. You can find these at Target, Sports Authority, Garage Sales, Dicks and more. Also check craigslist.org

#6 yoga mat – If you want to workout outside, on hard floor or even on the carpet I suggest getting a yoga mat. I have seen these at Marshalls and T.J. Maxx for $10!


#7 Bosu  ball – these are expensive but they are fun to have. I love doing push-ups, dips or incorporating core movements into my workout while using a bosu ball. You can get one on Amazon, at Target or at sport stores.


#8 Stability Ball – these are cheap and are awesome! For less than $20 you can use  these as a chair, for core movements or they can be used on leg day. They are light weight but a bit bulky – you can order on Amazon

I post a lot of workouts on instagram, be sure to follow me @baileymckenziesff OR use the hashtag #sffworkouts to see all my gym and at home workouts.

Happy sweating!!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment