Monday, November 16, 2015

My Weekend in Chicago

 I was in Chicago this weekend with Kyle’s family celebrating a wedding for one of his cousins. It has been about 15 years since I have been to Chicago so I basically was experiencing it for the first time again.




It was a short trip – we flew out Friday and came back Sunday. But man we did a lot and I was exhausted. Sunday night I went to bed at 7:30 and did not wake up until my alarm went off at 4:52 this morning.




We did some tourist-y things like see The Bean, visit Wrigley Field, go out downtown, go on a run by Lake Michigan, shop on The Magnificent Mile, and more in our short three days there.




One of my favorite things was eating dinner at Joe’s in downtown Chicago – oh my goodness everything was amazing. It was probably the nicest meals out I have ever had and I felt bad when I could not finish all of my food. Thankfully there were four grown boys there that like food ;) 




The wedding was really fun too. Kyle and I only get to see each other every couple weeks so it was nice to spend the weekend with him. I also get along really well with his family and I always enjoy spending time with them. I am happy we were able to make this trip work even when things have been crazy for both of us lately. We will look back and remember the funny things like shoving 9 people PLUS 9 suitcases in an eight person minivan. 




Today was rough getting back into the swing of things; I plan to do a post later this week about life lately and struggling with not having something to train for, not eating everything I see and balancing life tasks.

Here is to getting through the week remembering how yummy this $16 drink was (I know,  ridiculous!!!!)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment