Friday, October 23, 2015

TGIF!

I have been going a little crazy lately with being so busy and eating more meals in my car than I would like to admit… BUT food is important for my body and I am going to continue looking lilke a ding dong shoving a salad in my face in the Target parking lot.

I wanted to eat the whole processed food section at Target yesterday but instead I settled for a salad. It was actually the bomb. I forgot my meal at home and only had my homemade wrap to get me through five hours. That was not going to be enough! Ha ha. I was proud of my decision because after a week of Midterms I was so over eating vegetables. I am human, I think it is OK to admit that I like a warm bowl of mac n’ cheese from Panera!  Each good decision I make I feel like I am getting stronger and stronger.

Tonight I am going out with Kyle for our one year and we have had a froyo date planned for weeks. Oh and a dinner, but froyo is more important ;)

Anyway…. I wanted to share this super simple yummy appetizer you could bring to any party!  I have no idea what to call these little buggers, so I will just call them an Italian Appetizer! (Full of protein).  

What you need:
Black olives
Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey pepperoni (or regular)
String cheese
Italian dressing
Tooth picks

The amount of ingredients will depend on how many you want to make. But you simply dry the olives so they are not wet. Then cut the string cheese into four pieces. Next you place one cut up string cheese in the middle, one slice of turkey pepperoni on one side and on the other side place one black olive OR one cherry tomato. For the whole amount I made, I poured 1.5 T of dressing over the plate right before serving.


I would for sure make these again! I thought they were super yummy and it is nice to have a healthy snack at a party that is high in protein.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment