Sunday, February 7, 2016

What Are You Training For?

The other day someone asked me what I am training for right now. It has stuck with me the last few days and as I was working out today I was thinking about my goals and how they have changed over the last few years! When I first started my health journey in 2013 I wanted to be skinny and a size 4. I got there pretty quick, in fact in less then a year I was down to a size 4! I was small and I would almost call it ‘skinny fat’. I did not have much muscle, I had a flat butt and my energy was low.
 
From my run last Friday!!! So cold!!
Well… Fast forward three years and I have learned SO much! I My goals have shifted and I am no longer chasing  ‘skinny’, instead I want to be strong! I know I am happiest when I can still have treats, when I run AND when I lift weights. No longer am I only doing cardio or restricting myself from dessert! I do not think my butt or quads will ever fit into a size 4 again and I am OK with that! I have realized a size does not matter, instead health does! I have areas on my body I would like to change, but instead of complaining I am going to work for it!
 
My heart = melting 

It is so important to live a health life, which to me means a lot of different things! Of course exercising and eating the right foods in balance, but also surrounding yourself with good people and doing things that make YOU happy.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment