Monday, January 11, 2016

Cruising Along

I cannot believe it is already January 11th! I feel like so many people set big goals for the New Year (myself included!) but it is tricky to stick with them.
Katie and I went cross country skiing! 

I have been doing pretty well at my goals. Last week I worked out six days, only drank h2o & La Croix, and I attempted the elimination diet.
Protein balls:
1T water, 1C oatmeal, 1/2C peanut butter, 1 mashed banana,
 2T chia seeds, 1T honey, 2T chocolate chips, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.
Mix all ingredients, roll into balls and place on cookie sheets,  store in the fridge.
Key word attempted. So, I was all ready and prepared for the first few days. It was not terrible, but I was sort of crabby. Then one day I wanted to eat the whole kitchen so I decided to make protein balls. These held me over and were only “clean” ingredients (I hate the word clean). BUT then I realized after I ate about five there were oats and chocolate chips that probably had dairy. Ahh shoot!
The rest of the week I ate well (no dairy/gluten/followed elimination diet) and then I had cauliflower pizza. I had to run to the bathroom so quick, I thought I was not going to make it. The next day I STILL had a bathroom problem. Annoying. I honestly felt leaner and more flat, but I still LOVE cheese.
A beautiful snowy morning on the Gateway! 

So today? Well I decided to introduce gluten back and dairy. SLOWLY. And only high quality foods/organic. I am only going to have dairy once a day to try and decrease bloat. I obviously did not do the whole two weeks of the diet, which I am honestly OK with. I want to give it a go when school is done, I have a month “off” from parties, I am not going up to see Kyle, etc. You can call it an excuse, but I am still happy with trying it and realizing now is not the right time for it.
We found that running on snow is just as tricky as running on sand! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment