Saturday, March 26, 2016

On to More Important Things: FOOD


Thursday I blogged about my two week trip to Europe - it was fabulous! But now I have to share all the yummy foods I stuffed in my face. 
The yummiest  Fish N' Chips ever!

It looks so pretty but the skin was still on the fish, under the
fried stuff :(
The fish was yummy, but there was SO much grease that it grossed
me out. 
Fish and chips. We tried three different fish and chips places. Two were so-so and the third one was amazing! I liked the fish and chips because you get some fried stuff but you can also pick around the fried junk and eat the fish only. 

One night we got room service and I had a good
hamburger, but it was not as good as American
burgers!
Hamburgers. I ordered two burgers, and they were alright. They were from grass feed cows, which I am eat at home. I ate my burgers with little to no bun and I think that's why they weren't amazing. 

Chicken sandwich. The best meal I had in the last two weeks! I ate this sucker all up! It was an amazingly HUGE piece of chicken with fried stuff on it + tomatoes, mayo, lettuce and an amazing bun. This was an 'American style' BBQ place and I would highly recommend it if you're ever in Alnwick. 


Ice cream/Gelato. We had Gelato three times and it was yummy! It sure does hit the spot after a long day of walking. I would highly recommend Gelato over Dublin's version of McDonald's, which we had to order a milkshake once in order to use their bathroom. We ended up throwing it away because none of us like the flavor!



Baked goods. No, nope, nada. Steer clear hahaha. I tried, I tried almost daily to find a pastry or cookie that I liked and I failed. Miserably. They all looked pretty but tasted healthy! Dang it I was on vacation, not looking to diet ;) 

Breakfasts were either a protein shake/bar or hotel breakfast. The hotel breakfast was fancy and they had free range/organic eggs. I was able to have an omelet made for me daily! I loved the oatmeal and fresh fruit. 

Other meals...
 Amazing Caesar salad


A Ruben sandwich, which was special because it was from Ireland and that's where they started. It was amazing!

Sandwiches on the go. Everything was a bread/baguette with some meat/cheese. They hurt the roof of my mouth so eventually I just stopped trying with these sandwiches. 



Pizza! We ate lots of it and it was good. My favorite pizza was from Pizza Express, my first meal of the trip and it was 500 calories for this whole pizza and came with a salad on top. 



Chocolate covered banana. Yummmm, this wasn't mine but I did sneak a few bites!


Cronut – croissant donuts, it was gross :(


Chicken and veggies. Can you go wrong? NO!

Typical Irish meal - shepherds pie  

We went to afternoon tea where they served the most interesting foods!  I only liked the biscuits and coconut cheesecake. All of the desserts were so chocolate-y and rich, which I typically don't like!


On the way home our flight got cancelled and we had a long wait in the NYC airport. Thank goodness for this amazing burger and fries!! 

I for sure didn't drink enough water during the trip because water was expensive and often only came in glass bottles. Some restaurants didn't have tap water!

It has been SO and I mean SOOOO good to be home with my kitchen. We have lots of fresh produce and meat in the house!

I probably gained some weight, but I do not regret one thing that I ate. It was all a once in a lifetime experience and I enjoyed it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment